The Minnetonka School District welcomes non-resident students through Minnesota’s Open Enrollment program. More than 3,600 open-enrolled students from 41 different Minnesota school districts call Minnetonka schools home. We welcome their contribution to our dynamic community of learners.
If you live outside Minnetonka Public Schools district boundaries, follow these steps to apply for open enrollment:
- Download and complete the open enrollment application form then email (see enrollment contact at right), fax or mail to Minnetonka Schools Student Registration, 5621 County Rd 101, Minnetonka, MN 55345. The statewide application deadline for open enrollment is January 15, 2020.
- Look for communication on open enrollment approval/school placement offer by February 15, 2020.
- After receiving approval of your application, you must complete our approved open enrollment registration form by March 1, 2020, to confirm your commitment to attend.
- Once a student is accepted as an open enrollment student, the student has the right to continue to attend Minnetonka Schools through graduation, as long as the student maintains continuous enrollment.
Start your application
- Open Enrollment Application (download the PDF)
- Open Enrollment for Early Childhood Special Ed Students
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays
Policy on Open Enrollment
Policy #509, District's Enrollment of Non-Resident Students.
Transportation is only provided within the Minnetonka School District boundaries. Open enrollment students may access in-district transportation at an existing bus stop within the District. Register through the Transportation office.