The Sundem Family Scholarship Fund was established in 2015 to honor the Minnetonka teachers of Gary Sundem ('63), Gail Sundem Noller ('66) and Gwen Sundem Jansen ('70). Gary Sundem was recognized as one of the Minnetonka Alumni Association’s Distinguished Alumni Award winners in 2015, which prompted the establishment of this scholarship fund.
One college scholarship is awarded each May to a Minnetonka High School senior per year who has:
- Lettered in at least two varsity sports
- A minimum GPA of 3.50 (exceptions can be made for students enrolled in multiple AP and/or IB classes with a minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Plans to attend a liberal arts four-year college the following school year
Interested applicants can apply via the local MHS scholarship application. Contact the Minnetonka High School College Counseling Office for more information.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- 2019- Sarah Hamilton
- 2018 - Christina Crassas, Rice University
- 2017 - Patrick Brady, University of Notre Dame
- 2016 - Mario Bertogliat, University of Wisconsin
2018 Scholarship Recipient Christina Crassas with Gail Sundem Noller ('66).