Do you think Navigator might be the right fit for your child?
The Navigator Program serves a small, very unique group of exceptionally gifted students (IQs of 140 and above) in second through fifth grade. Navigator classrooms are located in Excelsior and Scenic Heights Elementary schools, but serve students from across the district and beyond through open-enrollment.
We will begin accepting applications for the Navigator Program for the 2021-22 school year on October 1, 2020. Applications to the Navigator Program for the 2021-22 school year are due Friday, January 15, 2021.
Parent Information Sessions
Join us for a virtual informational presentation shared by the Navigator Director and teachers. Learn about the unique mission and instructional design of the program, and hear from parents about the impact Navigator has had on their highly gifted children. Application steps and criteria for placement will be reviewed, and parents will have the opportunity to ask questions. Parent information sessions will be held virtually. No registration is required. Log in information will be provided as the virtual meeting time approaches.
- Tuesday, November 10 from 6:30-8 p.m., virtual meeting
- Monday, November 16, from 6:30-8 p.m., virtual meeting
- What is the Navigator Program?
- How do I apply?
- What is the curriculum?
- Is there a difference in the teaching method for exceptionally gifted students?
- Is transportation provided?
- What if my student is in Language Immersion?
- How does the Navigator Program impact the existing Advanced Learning program?
- Why do we need this program when we already have Advanced Learning services?
- What do our parents say?
ការិយាល័យចុះឈ្មោះចូលរៀនម៉ោង ៨ ព្រឹកដល់ ៤៖៣០ ល្ងាចច័ន្ទ-សុក្រ។
Second and third grade Navigator students enjoyed hanging out with high school students from the MHS Astronomy Club on a recent clear night. The high school students planned cool learning activities inside, then headed out for a look at the moon and stars in the night sky.